Sometimes, all I have is randomness. I guess it is better than nothing.
- Made Alice Medrich’s vanilla rice pudding today since we had extra milk and cream from making (or not making ice cream). It was amazing.
- Have been watching the Olympics with an app called Viggle Live. The idea is that you can watch your favorite shows and answer trivia type questions about it as you view live. You earn points which can be converted to Amazon gift cards. It sometimes makes knowing who won, not so horrible.
- Did you know it costs $300 (cash) if a gymnastic team want to challenge something? Even better, if the judges agree to take your appeal, you get the money back, even if they do not find in your favor. I am guessing every team keeps at least $300 cash in their bag for this purpose, with the forms filled out as completely as possible.
- Manila is flooding again. B got word that his grandfather’s house has at least 3 feet of water in it. He could have stayed with B’s mother, but he tends to be obstinate.
- Meanwhile the weather in LA is hot. We are under a heat advisory.
- The New York Times sent out an email with news updates for the day, in which they incorrectly reported that Gabrielle Giffords had been killed in the shooting last year in Arizona. They quickly sent out a correction, but wow – just incredible.
- Decided to activate a credit card via the Internet, instead of the phone. Definitely less painful. No one reading a script trying to sell you some service, so they can make more money.
- I need to start packing.
on the night stand :: Sinfully Easy Delicious Desserts by Alice Medrich